Tuesday 23 September 2008

//Behold//


Whilst browsing another blog I read I came across these guys, Now I don't usually like most of the artists recommended by this particular blog but I felt drawn to Outrun.

Outrun are an Australian electro-pop band who sound like they came straight out of the 80's, which makes sense as the are aptly named after a classic driving game from the 80's era. They use game sounds, heavy synth lines and the occasional electro drum loop to pack one hell of a vintage punch.

With three members Outrun sounds bigger than they actually are, Lead vocalist Dan Preston's voice isn't in anyway stunning but you really do get enthralled by it. Every synth line is catchy and unforgettable and I expect their debut album (Out on the 18th October) to be brilliant.

Imagine Metronomy but with a more electro vibe.

No comments: