Saturday 7 March 2009

Blakfish - See You In Another City

Ever found yourself searching for a band that combines two types of music you like ?

Blakfish bridged that gap for me. Combining the heavy elements of hardcore and the technical playing side of math rock they created something so jaw dropping I haven't listened to anything else all week.

SYIAC is only a 5 track EP but packs a punch that most full length albums could only wish to do.

Opening with my favorite song of the 5 "Preparing For Guests" is pretty much about how people tidy their houses before company arrives. You may think this a rubbish idea for a song but the lyrics make up for it. With this song displaying the bands sound at its best If you dont like this I wouldn't recommend the rest of The EP.
Lyrics like "Its like were lying to all of our friends, This place wont ever be this tidy again" captivating imagination and provoking thought you cant go wrong.

My next most appealing song as my first hearing of Blakfish, "Jeremy Kyle I A Marked Man" opens with amazing technical catchy guitar and with the vocals keeping screaming to a minimum on this track its a nice break from the epic and adrenaline pumping sound of the other songs.

I cant love this band anymore right now, I highly recommend this EP. 
Blakfish have their debut album "Champions" out on the 25th of May.


2 comments:

CC said...

someone's been decorating! blog looks cool man, good review too. But the mp3 link doesnee work xx

Anonymous said...

downloaded the EP its awesome dude
MOAR POSTS