Tuesday 30 December 2008

((Catch Up))

The Christmas laziness seems to have struck many of my friends and family so I turn to music to entertain me. I have been listening to alot of new stuff over the past week or so and below is a short round up the band that caught my ear....If that makes any sense.

Tonight, We Dance!

Dont confuse these guys with the same named band minus the ! as these guy are far better. They play a mix of hardcore, electronica and indie rock. They could be likened to Rolo Tomassi but with less synth and more guitar. They arent signed yet but just released an album entitled "Everything happen in my life scared me"... Im not if because they are italian they may have translated the title wrong or its meant to be that way but Its a sweet album.

Ladytron

These gusy have been around a while but I only just heard about them. The album I grabbed was the most recent release called "Velocifero" and although starting of with a brilliant opening track and a few good ones after it drops in quality about half way through. But that intro song is damn good.

Cloudkicker

I have been searching for an instrumental metal band for sometime and although I have come across a few they werent any good. This guy is very good though. Its a one man band all done in his bedroom but the quality is amazing. With elements of math rock  in there its not one to get bored of. There are no images of this genius so I have included some of the artwork from his release "The map is not the territory".

No comments: